[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4673: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4674: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
KK - THE MESMERIZER View topic - Cain Express: (almost) Valentine's Special

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Cain Express: (almost) Valentine's Special
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:18 am 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

@Saurabh That's awesome that you knew about the flowers...I'd no clue before the nursery guy told me they existed. XD
Thank you...and thank you. :D
@Shyamsunder glad you found it worthy of comment. :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 am 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

Cineraria - I initially had no idea what this word meant. I thought it was only an apostrophe, till you posted this. I have a feeling Cain Express is gonna be one huge thing (if it's already not one) and we'll all play second fiddle, reviewing your reviews. :P

Coming back to Cineraria, I like the flowers. They seem to be telling a story of their own. And if I can try correlating the flowers to the song, the two shades represent the crescendo of Cineraria which subtly falls and then rises again and then falls. It's both serene and intense, subtle and powerful. And ultimately, these shades connect with KK.
I'm not sure if this is what we call 'emoting', 'coz emoting and rendition become technical terms. But the way he pleads, the way he questions, the way he asserts is certainly not what you can script and instruct a singer to do. The lyrics demand that and he's just meant to do it and it happens. It's destiny, to say the least.
Cineraria is not an ordinary song by any stretch of imagination. Not just because it's sung by him, it's more to do with the fact that he's written and composed it as well. So, in its entirety, it has KK written all over it.
There's so much other people do to do rock with the required amount of energy and passion - drugs and alcohol are pre-requisites, I guess. But with him, his voice does it. I mean, in Cineraria, the ooo-ooo-oooo in the beginning, and the yeaahhhaayyy, is a drug in itself, and the way he says true... is intoxicating! This virtual-drug thing applies to so many of his songs... O' Mama, O Haseen Zaraa, Walk Along, Dekho Na, Dil Se Mat Khel, Aaina, Ishaaraa, Lamhaa...
Also, he's got this awesome knack of following the guitars (or maybe the guitars follow him :P), and it's a jugalbandi of sorts, if I may put it so. He's virtually played the guitar with his vocal chords, several times.

Ohh release me, just believe me, BE with me now... - the imperative can draw you into losing it for a moment, if not forever.

It'd be really unfair on our part if we didn't mention Rinku, JD, Kalyan and Vibhas aka Titu (he played the drums then). The sync is extraordinary and only you all can 'make it happen' the way you did. Thank you! :D

P.S: @ Para: I still can't get over your post. It's gonna take some time. Thank you. Needless to say, we absolutely love you. *hug*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:23 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:47 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

@ Kuldeep: Thanks. :D
But it's really not about being a critic or not. I don't believe Para's a critic either. Cain Express is more about going deep into his songs, analyzing and deciphering untouched meanings. So, critic is really not the right term. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:43 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

:P
*innocent smile*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:50 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

@Sukhi
I thought it was just a random name he'd made up - or maybe that he called Ms Jyothy that. Maybe he does, vaise - how do we know? XD
And arre. :) (See, I arre'd. :P)

Serene and intense, subtle and powerful - absolutely. There are certain colours I associate with him - the deep, rich Pal orange with its equally deep, rich black; the blue of blue denim (...you knew that was coming XD); the maroon of raw silk; a certain deep lion yellow (deeper than the Lamborghini shade if you know what I mean), and this blue-based dark purple. Basically the link is that they're all deep and rich - no superficiality about anything he does, and that's exactly what we love him for. Witness the spectrum metaphor in the original post. ;)

I'll give you 'rendition', but I don't know about those being technical terms, because there's nothing technical about emotion and those who try to make it so - apparent critics and the like - are simply deceiving themselves. There's no way to convey that emotion if one isn't feeling it oneself, isn't living the moment oneself; the term 'emoting' is therefore meaningless. I once read an interview where KK said that singers are actors in their own right: he's as damn correct as it is possible to be.

Any song by KK has KK written all over it - it's merely the script that differs. Cineraria has it in bold and gentle - whatever my esteemed readers choose to make of that statement. :P
Also, in its entirety (no apostrophe). :P

I've always looked askance at drugs and alcohol - you can get intellectually or emotionally high as easy as not (and believe me, white wine tastes like vinegar. XD), and substances can only induce an artificial feeling: in KK's lexicon, there is no room for artifice. That's what I mean when I say he gets you high - it's the emotional ride he takes you for (and in my and a few of our cases the intellectual one as well), and it's pure and unadulterated and deep, so deep it can shake you to the core of your soul.
Of course, the sexiness of it all is another matter entirely. OKAY. *shuts up*

I've noticed that and mentioned it several times before - he melds with the music. The union is so natural and instinctive and goddamn beautiful that I don't think anyone, let alone him, will ever know which is following which.

Ditto on the band. Thank you all! :)

Hee. Thank you so much. At your service - well, at KK's service, rather. ;) *bows*

@Kuldeep...haw jee. Look at that. :P Maybe I should start being less lyrical and more explicit? XD
Sukhi, however, is right - we're none of us critics here. I merely write what I do because I'm a logical romantic: I let myself feel - and I analyze what I'm feeling. It sounds lame written that way, but that's what it is. :P

PS @everyone. Apologies for the delay; computer off for repairs. Post coming up within the next couple of days.