[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 678: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4673: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4674: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
KK - THE MESMERIZER View topic - Cain Express: (almost) Valentine's Special

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post subject: Cain Express: (almost) Valentine's Special
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:11 am 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

So yeah, I'm late. I had a physics practical, and then I fell asleep. Forgive me?

Attachments:
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg [ 267.62 KiB | Viewed 15696 times ]
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg [ 324.78 KiB | Viewed 15696 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Cain Express: (almost) Valentine's Special
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:12 am 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

You are, of course, wondering to yourself, just why is Cain posting random pictures of flowers on her forum? Has she finally lost it?
The answer? No, I'm not mad. (Well, you know, not more than usual.) And it isn't a random photograph. It's from my garden, and here's the rub: These flowers, my friends, are called cineraria.
Happy Valentine's, folks. XD

I love these flowers (beyond the obvious reason) because nothing combines purple and white so well - and it's the kind of purple which is deep, more blue than pink (so much purple is based on pink!) - and, in their intensity, they're curiously fitting when it comes to the song.
They're sweet, sentimental, passionate, cheesy and intoxicating all at the same time. Sound familiar, anyone? ;)

Now seriously, I've been plotting this for weeks, and today I come home totally bushed after the board physics practical, only to see that...Cineraria is the song of the day. I mean, here are people beating me to it and they don't even know what it is they've beaten me to. XD

The song, too, is oddly appropriate for Valentine's. I like Cineraria - I'm not rabid about it because it's his first English track (because I like stuff more intense than cheesy, and - well, if any of you have read my Velocity, you know how I like stuff.), but I like it. Romance - more Eros than Storge, if you get my meaning, but there are shades of the whole spectrum. I love that about him - that he always expresses love in its entirety, but can subtly adjust the shades in his own particular way, so that you get a different picture each time.
(Also, KK is probably the only person who can say 'desire' without Cain wanting to crack an SX4 joke.)

The piano intro sets the romantic mood (think spilt wine soaking through a checked tablecloth...I don't even know where I got that from...), and after a couple of lines you begin to settle into the soft, sweet, nothing-out-of-the-ordinary love song. Then the electric guitars get you. That's where the intoxicating quality of his twists of voice, his pronunciation, and even his phrasing comes in.
And don't think I've forgotten he wrote the words! I'll admit I keep hearing 'stay with me now' instead of 'be with me now'...blame my pedantic brain. I'll also admit 'under the moonlight' makes me giggle a little. But the way he says 'your heartbeat next to mine' is adorable, and the 'wonder' of 'at times alone I sit and wonder' just...makes me happy.
And 'oh release me, just believe me' is hot. as all. hell.
(And damn but his kind of old-fashioned decorous ladykillin' flirtation just gets me. *swoon*)
Take that, Billy Joel and Bryan Adams.
And take THAT, Enrique. I do not understand why people think Enrique's fake-accented-sultriness is even lukewarm. KK, however, will singe your whiskers off. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the real thing.
All in all - I would like to write lyrics for this man. He is too good to be true.

The story behind the flowers: Almost uncanny clairvoyance on the part of an anonymous guy. A couple of weeks ago my parents wanted to buy some flowers for the garden, and they dragged me off to help them choose because I apparently have good taste.
No sooner had the nursery chap seen me than he pointed to a pair of seedlings in a corner and said "Cineraria, ma'am?"
Yes, my parents do think I'm crazy - why do you ask?

As for KK - Happy Valentine's, you. *pokes him*
Also, if I were Cineraria - believe me, good sir, that heart of yours would not need mending. What's her problem, anyway? XD

...only if we try...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:03 am 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

Also, since the boards are coming up and this is going to be my last major post before April, I've decided to make it a sort of Old Favourites Rediscovered v2.0. Here are some more songs that will put you in the mood this Valentine's:

Beete Lamhein Lounge is the quintessential bittersweet it is better to have loved and lost song. This score is more resonant, more hollow and yet more solid than that of the usual version, and is therefore so much more haunting that it leaves you with the same feeling of disquiet that Kaisa Ye Raaz Hai does. Plus, it's got that extra stanza that gives it more depth - that verse makes all the difference.
Aaj bhi jab vo din mujhko yaad aate hain, guzre lamhein zehen mein ubhar aate hain...Dard mein bhi ye lab muskuraa jaate hain...

Beete Lamhein Recharged is a ditzy little remix version I often feel very guilty for liking, but whatever, I like it. Check it out...it's not bad if you really like implicit paradoxes of feeling. (Which, incidentally, I do. :P)

Beete Lamhein A/V is what I call the version of the original song that was played in the movie. It has a certain interlude that, the first time I heard it, left me unsure whether to squeal in delight or just lie and writhe silently in ecstasy. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about: This verse-that-isn't-a-stanza is the high point of the song, and embodies all the love that reverberates through the rest.
Kabhi neela neela aasmaan tha in raaston par...Teri ek hansi ke main badle de doon jahaan bhar...

Tanhaa Chalaa from the Pakistani serial Ghost is unique in that it's pitched a lot lower than our usual songs; KK, however, carries that off with as much elan as he hits the high notes. The song is one of (you guessed it) loneliness, but there's a current of hope flowing seamlessly through it that - dil ki duniyaa sard hai... - try as you might, you cannot ignore.

Ek Pal Ke Liye is pure sex. There is no other description. Except that it's more than that - it's consecrated by love.
Its premise is simple. The song is a moment between lovers, a moment snatched and guarded with the life of each. A few minutes in a secluded spot in time and space, away from the world, where two people who love each other can finally come into their own. The lyrics of this song are beautiful, the music simple and hard-hitting, and he is perfect. No one else could carry this off with the sensitivity, the tenderness, the restrained passion he has; it is as much the singer as anyone else who makes the song.
Palkon se palke zaraa chhoo ke dekho...inmein kitna ashq bharaa...

O Meri Jaan (from Tum Mile, not Life in a Metro) is a beautiful track; the score has what I can only term a fallen-church aura to it - mystic and pagan and uncontrollable - which is also a very apt description of him. He melds with the music; he is the music. Knowing the words is only a bonus; the passion is enough.
Tanhaa teri tarah, haan main bhi hoon...Dono hain ghamzadaa, main kya kahoon...Na jaane vaqt ki marzi hai kya...
It may seem soulful and melancholy, but the way it builds to the last swell of music at the end, I can only imagine that that swell is a reunion. I love that subtlety so much.

O Meri Jaan (from Life in a Metro, not Tum Mile) is simple and powerful. (Khudgarz...don't tell me you didn't see that coming...XD)
A subtle twist in the lyrics and the barest hint in his voice manage to imply that this love has been difficult, constantly fought by hands human or otherwise, and for that very reason it is prized above all - and will triumph over all.
Naadaan - samjhe na haan ye dil mera...Jaanoon na - jaanoon na isko kya hua...

Din Ho Ya Raat is acoustic heaven. It's intense and sweet in just the right combination, a deep orange and a rich black; it has both a light touch and a strong base. Din Ho Ya Raat always makes me think of a Shakespeare sonnet (damn yeah I'm a geek...): Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments.
Teri hansi hai roshni...teri vafaah mere liye...
Forget the ice cream ads and fluffy teddy bears of the world; people who think that's what makes a Valentine don't know what they're missing. This, I say - this is romance.

And - corniest for last -
Tere Sang Ek Simple Si Coffee from Zameen is ridiculously romantic. I mean, cuteness and coffee. What more can one ask?
Tere sang...meri tanhaaiyon ko sukoon aata hai...tere sang...
One can imagine a ridiculously-in-love couple (*ahem* KK and Ms Jyothy *ahem*) grinning at each other over cups of coffee and probably a crazy conversation - because that's what I imagine true love to be, and yes I am extremely cheesy at heart, why do you ask?
Also, why yes, this is where my username comes from. XD

Goodnight, ladies n' gentlemen, and keep lovin'.

Remind me to do a special on Kaisa Ye Raaz Hai someday, or I'll keep mentioning it in every post and people will really think I've lost it. XD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:14 am 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

Restrained Passion
I agree. :D

Simple Coffee
Like we didn't know already! :D

*speechless-moment*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 am 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

^ Yeah, like you didn't know already XD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:29 am 

Favourite Song:
Just the perfect playlist for a lovely day..!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:44 am 

perfect description of these songs....
and Thanks a lot for describing "Din Ho Yaa Raat"..
"is acoustic heaven. It's intense and sweet in just the right combination, a deep orange and a rich black; it has both a light touch and a strong base"..
lovd these lines....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:05 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

@Het ;)
@Sandeep glad you liked it :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:41 am 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

Favourite Song:
lovely flowers yaar, we were told abt cineraria in undergraduate horticulture course but never thought someone could describe them so beautifully :d
Gr8 reviews as always, nice to find o meri jaan(tum mile) and ek pal ke liye in the list.
I wish we hav that cainexpress link on homepage very soon, you take so much pain in writing such wonderful reviews...we need to share it with more and more KK fans. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:49 pm 

Favourite Song:
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!