[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4673: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4674: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
KK - THE MESMERIZER View topic - Miscellaneous Post of Random Snippets (aka February 20)

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post subject: Miscellaneous Post of Random Snippets (aka February 20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:16 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

Which title makes me happy, because of the word 'snippet'. ;)

I've missed a lot here (the ranks! the forum design! the posts!) because I basically have no life these days (thank you, semester system), but I did contemplate doing another Valentine's Special this year - and then Sukhi reminded me that the twentieth is Subh's birthday. So hi, Subh, and happy birthday! Thank you for starting this, for picking the Team from the dust of the orkut forum and setting us here in all our gleaming sincerity. Not only has the site become a portal for fans across the world and had a million little decisive impacts on how the world views our man, it's drawn all of us together as well. It's one of the warm fuzzy things I bask in the presence of in my life, and I couldn't imagine a world without it. And it's certain that all of us feel the same.

I'd hoped I'd have the brains to write one of the specials I'm long overdue on, but I'm too wrung out to attempt it. KYRH needs a lot more than I can currently give it; so does Main Khudaa, and the whole nostalgia-thing (Akul and Sukhi, you know what I'm talking about...) got...extremely weird. By which I mean even the prewriting for it turned a lot more introspective than light-hearted or friends-oriented, and honestly I don't even know whether to continue with it or not. I may just put it up someday, though - I seem quite adept at this baring-my-soul-to-none-but-those-who-are-looking-for-it thing. I learnt from the best, you see. ;)
Anyhow, a miscellaneous-post-of-random-snippets has been due for quite some time, and here it is. It is ridiculously short, in no particular order, and this post is going to contain a lot more of me talking than of me describing things, so be warned. :P
Also I'm not numbering these, because if I do I'm going to have a strong temptation to stop at twenty-three, or continue till twenty-three, or something equally insane. :P

All right, launch sequence. Cain is not exactly quiet as regards her opinions. I seem to be the kind of person people approach and ask stuff - like directions at metro stations (apparently I look like a harried veteran of the system) and, in class, what my 'hobbies' are and what kind of music I listen to. This last is often meant as a ploy for the asker to end up bragging about her own collection of English music, but as you lot can no doubt predict, it generally backfires. :P
So I ended up introducing a couple of people to his lesser-known tracks, and their minds were blown. I had to introduce one to him as such, actually, because she's one of the kinds who like his songs but have no idea who he is till a passionate emissary such as yours truly comes along. The day after I'd plied her with Power Ballad and Mehki Havaa and Aaina and I forget what else, she poked me and said "Para, that song Tadap Tadap Ke, is that his?" and what an eyeroll there was, my countrymen. And then she sent a kissing smiley (:* for the uninitiated) to me over sms when referring to him - and I don't even remember why she was referring to him. When people suddenly fall for him after I've assisted them on their way, I generally have two reactions: 1. So now you realize how awesome he is? and 2. Back off, he's mine. Which he isn't exactly, he's all of ours, but you know what I mean, yeah? :P
Another classmate, after the first semester maths exam, yelled "Oye, Cineraria, how was your paper?" to me across the corridor and claimed it was the only way to get my attention. Well, it was certainly effective enough. XD

Speaking of Cineraria, the Facebook page put up a status one day asking if people could name KK's only English song, and one of the answers was 'Cinderella'. This still reduces me to absolute hysteria, because it makes me imagine Cineraria leaving one of her high-heeled shoes on the wine-stained checked tablecloth. Not that I know what Cineraria actually looks like, or if she even likes wearing high-heeled shoes. Maybe it was a glass sneaker. XD

Also, speaking of Facebook. The other day someone said something about preferring his old hairstyle, which reminded me that a lot of people had said that when the new one first came along. Let me go on record - again - saying that I love, love, love his hair the way it is now. Visible jawline, remember? Yes. Very much yes.

Here's a bunch of random image-snippets, mostly consisting of me saying things I would either a) have no context in which to say here or b) forget to say here were it not for this snippet post. But first...

...this is a screenshot from Teri Tamanna, taken at the instant the electric guitars kick in (see the fall in the red to the left?). Also taken about...five years ago, when I still had a 640x480 screen. XD
Have I ever told you guys how much I love Teri Tamanna? No? Well, I must sometime.

I've nothing to say about this, just that it exists. And still makes me grin like an idiot. *grins like an idiot*

Yet again, O' Mama. And while I'm on the subject of O' Mama, let it be noted that the implication in Say Miaow To Me of Even if he hasn't thought about it in as much nitpicking detail as I've analyzed it here can be scratched. Even if he didn't, he totally got the cat metaphors and he totally knew what he was doing. Deliciousness, thy name is KK. X)

I think I'd gone crazy that night. XD
(William Shatner, for those who are wondering what this particular update is talking about, is synonymous with Star Trek and was once an exceedingly handsome man.)

Is one's combination of kinks as much an identifying feature as one's fingerprints? Holy hvz, I've just gone and got a plot idea. O.O

This was when Naina, who is quite one of us now but had once upon a time to be initiated, had just had her mind blown by Power Ballad (courtesy me) and was therefore running around everywhere declaring her love for him. And I know he isn't really all mine; it's just that my Inner Alpha takes over at times like that. :P

Le random! XD
Also there's a record of a post I put on someone's wall declaring, of Pal, that 'the whole damn album should be declared a classic and he should be snufflehugged for it'. Also I referred to him at one point as a 'tiny dynamo'.
I make a lot of freakin' sense at times. ;)

This is on Twitter. I end up saying a lot of random stuff about him on Twitter, usually in connection with random trending hashtags that make me think of him. This, for instance:

made a chemistry-fraternity follower, who is British, ask me who he was. Whereupon I obligingly explained, complete with video - not being entirely sure Don't Stand So Close To Me would be *ahem* appropriate - of Just Take My Heart. I...kinda think she was pleased.

This was apropos of Lamborghini being able to turn up the heat with the mere word 'uncompromising'. 'Uncompromising' is a far more power-packed word than 'adrenaline', and yet KK saying the latter...*fans self*

Confessions of schoolgirl shenanigans now that no one can call us on them anymore! XD
There should be an icon or a banner or something that says 'Yes, I randomly quote KK tracks at seemingly inappropriate times, why do you ask?' XD

In which Cain proves that she has lost it. XD
(These friends aren't members of our fraternity, though they like him well enough, so I didn't feel I had the liberty to name them.)
And I totally would pat him on the head, incidentally. You know I would. :P

See how you get me back up when I'm down, KK? Also on occasion I kinda miss your glasses.

This is on Youtube on the Coke Studio Tu Aashiqui Hai video, after I'd verbally rolled my eyes at the chorus girls.
Incidentally, re the Coke Studio version of Tu Aashiqui Hai. My protagonists (thank you, protagonists!) gave me a flash of insight into why people might think it's incongruous. It's because the whole Coke Studio environment, as I said while talking of it in August, was so insanely high-pressure that he had no time to go into headvoice. Inflection isn't as important in singing as it is in speech, and one has to prepare oneself for an entirely different system of syllables and stresses; besides, his speaking voice is naturally slightly lower than his singing voice - and he simply had no time to make the switch. I don't think he was feeling too good that day in any case - he was tired, if nothing else, and as I said before, it wasn't his kind of atmosphere; he's sensitive to that kind of thing. And despite all that, the sheer quiet brilliance of it is overwhelming. Somehow amid that insanity he made himself a corner in which he could breathe; Tu Hai Yahaan may be the result of it, but Tu Aashiqui Hai is that corner.
The former may be my favourite of the Coke Studio tracks, but I fall further in love with this one every time I listen to it. I was (heresy alert) never really all that hot on the original (though it was Jo Gayaa Vo Gayaa which made me fall in love with him - and I never looked back), and still don't actually have it on my phone. This version, on the other hand, ages like a fine wine. It's got so many layers to it, so much depth - you feel the richness it's acquired in his soul over the years, and it's so beautiful it's crazy. I always come out of it feeling like I could hug him, hug him and never let go because damnit, KK, you wonderful, wonderful man. *hug*

I'd intended to put...a certain set of other things up here, but I'm not in the intellectual condition to do it - and besides, they'd pretty much warrant a post by themselves. Maybe in a couple of days. Also I'll review the new tracks when there are more of them to review. For now - happy birthday, Subh, and all our love.

And, of course, to you, KK - all our love. Always.

[Edit to add this screenshot from le blog because HOLY FREAKIN' HVZ SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL SONY THIS. PLEASE.]

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Miscellaneous Post of Random Snippets (aka February 20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:21 am 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:03 am 

Aha, atlast the damsel's out of distress (momentarily) and glad that i could keep the number of my posts 23 for 88 days. Lo and behold it turns 24 at Cain Express.
Curious to know HAS the LOVE for the word 'snippets' got anything to do with A CERTAIN VEDIO OF Khvaabon-Khvaabon? (Mine has absolutely everything to do with it.)
Needless to so all the snippets were awesome, I guess my favourites were the "can i multiply KK with...." and "he turns every twist of phrase into a sensual experience". Also, "now you know how awesome he is"

I too have gone through similar circumstances like encountering people who love his songs and still don't know him and am proud to claim to have assissted many but its dismal when some question that is my fanatic admiration in keeping with my intellectual self? It hurt when my elder bro while trying to get my appreciation for some useless ditties blurted, " Ayushi, you seem to have a prejudice" which is completely untrue. Its only that we guys don't listen to music casually, don't consider it to be a mere recreational activity but an endurance that relaxes. Music is just like literature (provided it is of that class) pleasure giving and yet at the same time requiring cerebral activity and Cain Express is the proof of the above arguement.
I rest my case.

PS: (this beseechingly) Please, please, please do those specials. KYRH, et al.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:49 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

Have I not replied to either of you yet? Damn. That just speaks for the horrors of the second semester. (I blame bio. If bio is available to blame, I will blame it to kingdom come.)

'Course you can be forgiven, Kappa. Any convert can be forgiven. ;)
I have no idea what Mithoon was playing at (consider that it may also have been a whim of the producer's, though; Zubeen was hugely popular at the time), but I love the track (read: it drives my hormones wild) and usually manage to...well, look the other way, so to speak. The thorn in my side, though, is that they probably got each of them to record the entire song and then decided to mix the two. I mean how hard could it have been just to use both versions separately and not sully either with the other? The thought that KK's missing half of the song exists, or once did, out there somewhere is galling, to say the least.
Also if you're assuming I'm Bengali because I speak decent English, sorry, but no. :P (And if you aren't, due apologies. I get a lot of that, so I'm covering the bases.)
And no. Pal to generally-adorably-shaggy-era to now, I guess. :P

Miaow - it was more that I was apparently born in the wrong decade or just have his sort of phrasing tendencies, because so much of what he said in that video sounded like me that I thought I was going crazy for a couple of minutes. Then again I go on about that gorgeous old-world aura he exudes at times, and if he's just old-fashioned surely I have as much right to be as anyone. In any case he is both infinitely more adorable and sexier than I will ever be. :P
Its only that we guys don't listen to music casually, don't consider it to be a mere recreational activity
Oh hell yes. It's never been just a recreational activity. It's always involved active thought, deliberation, puzzlement. And this forum is not only proof of that but also a sort of chronicle of it - though yeah, I'm thinking of doing a little spring cleaning here because I was such a goddamn novice when the site launched. :P This is the only place I belong in the world where I'm not the Resident Eccentric, and that feels ridiculously good. *hugs everyone here*
A friend of mine once told me KK's the only reason she listens to Hindi music. My reply: "He's the only reason I listen to music at all." Which he is.
I shall! Eventually. When I'm certain I'm capable of giving them the attention they deserve. I want to be sure I'm not leaving anything out or phrasing things too bluntly or...not using enough semicolons, because apparently my semicolons run and hide when I'm stressed. Things like that. :P