[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4673: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4674: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3816)
KK - THE MESMERIZER View topic - Wherefore Art Thou, Soniye?

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wherefore Art Thou, Soniye?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:04 pm 

It was, it was, rightly the year of sanity. 2006. Time when he was belting out chart busters every other week. :P
I had loved him before, but this was the time when I became a besotted idiot. Thank you so much for this phrase which aptly describes me and perhaps many on this forum. :)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:32 pm 

I read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons in class eleventh and found it pretty good (only and essentially because of the matter - anti matter thing). Next was Digital Fortress, but left it mid way for it wasn't up to A and D's mark. As for deception point, politics doesn't interest me. Though friends really praised Da Vinci code but I saw the movie first....hence the idea of reading it was altogether given up.

The only Jeffery Archer I have read is ' Cat O' nine tales' ( don't laugh at me now) a collection of short stories that was gifted to me. A friend told me to read Cain and Able and oh lord, I suffered from indigestion. After that happened James Frey's ' A million little pieces', the upshot of which was I completely gave up on reading novels for a good year.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:59 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

Pretty sure I didn't coin the phrase 'besotted idiot'. :P I actually hardly remember any songs with specific origin points that year except Kya Mujhe, Aafreen...and...Ek Pal Mein? Were Bas Ek Pal and company that year as well? (The year after that was pretty lush, though, particularly that summer.) Then again it was a pretty weird year for me on the whole. My chronological tracklists are basically pre-class eight and post-class eight. O.o. Probably has something to do with my evolving relationship with the language as well.

Angels and Demons > Digital Fortress > The Da Vinci Code > Deception Point, in my experience. Then again Michael Crichton is more up my street in the applied-SF field.
I liked Kane and Abel, but the more Archer you read, the more easily you find yourself correctly second-guessing him. His thrillers are better than his epics, though - always been rather fond of The Eleventh Commandment. (Ludlum, on the other hand, is pretty damn excellent.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:45 am 

' besotted incoherence' was a phrase you invented/ employed in one of your creations on this forum. :P Apparently I added the 'idiot'. Nevertheless you have enriched my vocabulary.
As far as I can remember, Bus ek pal and company pretty much belong to the same year. Sure, the year after was profuse with his riches but Ek nazar mein bhi, tu hi meri shab hai, kya mujhe, bus ek pal, ek pal kay liye hi sahi, phirta rahoon all together left me obsessing about his music 24x7 :P ( I didn't obsess about HIM because I actually knew nothing about him back then, apart from that his were the vocals that created all the magic) :)

And yeah, Kane and Able :P , but I remember seeing Cain and Able written somewhere on the net but the book I read in the school library had Kane.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:47 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

Oh, I did? Nice. :P
Maine Suna Hai and Ek Pal Ke Liye were the previous year as far as I remember, but then Tu Hi Meri was in the previous academic year as well (it was February, I think), so they might've been that year too. I...tend to remember years in connection with either academics or addresses, unfortunately. My obsession with him began in class six, so I was well along by then. :P

Cain and Abel are from the Bible. Archer's are William Kane and Abel Rosnovski. :P (Apparently my alias and/or correct grammar have in the past led people to believe I'm a Christian, which I never was and never will be.) [Edit: the same applies to any correct-grammar-based assumptions that I am Bengali. :P]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:06 pm 

Sure, ek pal ke liye, maine suna hai...., happened in seventh standard but the year was very much 2006.
Albeit, I knew him since I was in fourth standard, but the till death do us apart kind of obsession began when I was in seventh. It only increased with the passing years. :P
You may be right, I'll go for Archer's thriller's instead of epics. I read Kane and Able in eleventh standard, not the entire book, actually, I left it when the adopted boy's foster mother (almost) sister to be precise was brutally murdered by police men or army men or whatever they were. :( But yeah The Eleventh Commandment is in the list of must read books. :P

By the way, I have just finished with my first robot. It's basically a robotic canon. And hey chemico, guess what I have named it....AQUA REGIA! :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:49 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

Congratulations! :D

...I read something somewhere about KK once having been part of a band called that. It amused me greatly at the time, though it is also immensely pleasing because most rock band thingies tend to gravitate towards physics for 'cool'-sounding names, and his having had something to do with a chemical one is testament to the nonconformism that made me fall for him in the first place. ;)

(...Apropos of nothing, I've always thought Blue Vitriol would be an excellent band name...)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:03 pm 

Thank you. :D
Oh yes, even I read that, perhaps it could be one of the reasons that triggered AQUA REGIA into my cranium. :)
Copper sulphate + 5 molecules of water, now this is really 'cool'. I don't know whether i'll ever have a band or not, but i'll definitely name my team Blue Vitriol for the next embedded systems workshop. :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:52 pm 
TEAM THE MESMERIZER

I'd have saved it for myself, but I've never actually had any sort of group-of-people-united-with-a-purpose - except the Team, which is the Team. :P :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:18 pm 

The Team that has now become one of the things on which our survival is kinda dependent. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next